We are currently not accepting unsolicited review requests. However, if you would still like to send me an email request, of course you may do so! Though, I may not be able to respond in a timely manner.
Country I Reside in:
Accepted Languages for Review:
- English (all levels)
- French (children’s)
- Portuguese (children’s)
Review Turn-Around-Time (from time of receipt)
- 1-2 months (Adult and YA books)
- 2 weeks (Children’s and Mild Grade)
Sites I’ll Review the Book On
- The Storygraph
Note: Most ARC reviews will have a feature post. Some reviews may be batched on our Blog, Instagram and YouTube during our Friday Reads posts or wrap ups. Let me know if you’d prefer a feature post.
Genres I Will Review:
- Most genres – for a full list, check out my BookSirens reader profile. If it is not on the list, I most likely will not be interested. If you’re unsure, just ask. This profile will also provide insights into my reading preferences.
- While I do read quite a lot of nonfiction books, these are mostly related to social sciences, science/medicine, and memoirs/biographies. I will not review self-help books.
- I believe that books should be inclusive and support reading diversely.
- My favourite authors include, but are not limited to: Charles Dickens, Silvia Moreno-Garcia, James Baldwin, Elizabeth Acevedo, Lisa Jewell, Thomas King, Junji Ito, and Tiffany D. Jackson.
How I Rate Books:
I rate books on a 1-5 star scale, and award decimal points if needed (e.g., 4.25 stars). Numerical ratings will be rounded to star ratings. Both will be shown on my blog.
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (5 stars) = Amazing! Something about it has the “wow” factor.
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (4 stars) = Really liked it! Not quite a 5, but it’s just awesome.
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (3 stars) = Liked it, but I have some constructive feedback to share.
- ⭐️⭐️ (2 stars) = Disliked it. Overall: disappointed.
- ⭐️ (1 star) = I strongly disliked this book. A struggle for me to read.
Irrespective of my star rating, some books may require some qualifiers when recommending the book. For example, a book could be a five star rating for me but I may add a disclaimer to carefully read the synopsis and/or content warnings as the book may contain sensitive material. Content Warnings will be linked to The Storygraph content warnings and readers will decide if they wish to view them.
Factors When Reviewing
- We keep a variety of factors in mind when reviewing your books which may include: inclusivity, educational value, representation, themes, content warnings (these are included in my reviews), tropes, mood (e.g., dark, emotional, lighthearted, etc), pacing, world building, character development, illustration quality, plot, whether the synopsis matches the actual book content, etc.
- I only guarantee an honest and timely review.
Email Subject: Review Request