We are excited to link up with Top Ten Tuesdays, hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl.
We have so many books that we love written at least a decade ago that we wanted to focus on a few books that we’ve enjoyed and categorize them by mood. There are more than 10 books. Enjoy!
- Sailor Moon Manga by Naoko Takeuchi. Amazing.
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. Get a tissue box ready.
- From Eve to Dawn: A History of Women Volume 1. Origins by Marilyn French. I can’t believe how much I’ve learned from this book, and I’m happily continuing the series. I think this could be updated and even more inclusive now, but it’s a good place to start.
- The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin. Everything Baldwin writes belongs in the must-read section.
- A Stranger at Home by Margaret Pokiak-Fenton, Christy Jordan-Fenton, and Liz Amini-Holmes. A must-read.
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood. This book really impacted my world view.
- Deathnote by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata. Disturbing, but you can’t stop once you’ve started it.
- Night by Elie Wiesel. Deceptively short read; however, its impact lasts forever.
- If Beale Street Could Talk by James Baldwin. Literally finished a box of tissues with this book.
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. My all-time favourite book. The theme of adjusting one’s expectations really helped me a lot with some very difficult decisions.
- Giovanni’s Room by James Baldwin. Again, read this with a box of tissues.
QOTD: Have you read any of these titles?
Let us know!